Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Surprise! You're 30.

It's halfway through January, I turned 30, and it snowed on Monday. Time for an update!

We are smack-dab in the middle of school tours and open houses since CJ starts kindergarten this fall !!!

See, in Seattle you don't just send your yunguns to the school 'round the corner... that'd be way too simple. Instead you choose your TOP THREE schools from any in the district and then there's a very complex, convoluted and confusing system whereby school assignments happen... and you probably don't get the school you wanted anyway.

Basically it's a really great way to create panic, mayhem, and confusion in the good parents of Seattle.

Speaking of panic, mayhem, and confusion... Did I mention that I turned 30? I totally turned 30. And you know, it wasn't too bad.

Maureen surprised me with a very surprising surprise party...

Then Jason surprised me with a stay at The Chrysalis Hotel & Spa in Bellingham...



(jealous yet?)

...and then further surprised me with a relaxing massage and facial.

Even the SUN came out for my big day!

Which leads me to one conclusion...

I like being 30!

In other news, I found CJ cleaning the bathroom sink with his toothbrush.


(I took this picture as proof)

THIS must be why people have children!

No comments: